Monday, March 10, 2014

Week 23 (brief) Update & Babymoon!

Since we were on our Babymoon for most of week 23 and did not have access to internet, this update will be 1.) late, and 2.) short.  But, it will include lots of pictures to make up for it : )

For the record, if you've never heard of a "Babymoon" before (because Jon had no idea what it was until I said we MUST take one!), it is essentially one last vacation or getaway for the parents to be prior to the baby being born.

And if you've never gone on one, I'd HIGHLY recommend it.  So much so, I told Jon at the end of ours last week we are having a Babymoon for every baby we have!

We went to Miami, FL for one night and stayed in a great condo on the water.  We then went on a week long Caribbean cruise on the Celebrity Reflection.  We stopped at St Thomas for a relaxing beach day at Emerald Beach and St Martin for an even more amazing catamaran day sail. Oh it was all glorious and so relaxing!

Week 23 Pregnancy Update:
1.) Isabella is moving more and more (which I say every week, but it's so true!). My belly does some serious acrobatics at times which is so much fun to watch, and even more fun to feel from the outside and inside!

2.) No new symptoms this week, although nausea still seems to come and go in the last 2 weeks. 

3.) Despite popular belief, being on a cruise and surrounded by great food doesn't take away the pregnancy aversions...meat, chicken, and the oh so delicious looking desserts and sweets were completely off my radar the entire time. Case in point- I brought home an entire bag of chocolates that were placed on my pillow each night because I just had no interest in them.  This is the complete opposite to past cruises where I have snuck extra chocolates off the Stewards carts on a daily basis! 

4.) No workouts this week because I was trying to be extra cautious with keeping my feet up/taking it easy, and not having any complications or bleeding with my Complete Previa that would hinder us from going on vaca. It worked!

5.) Luckily none of the clothes or bathing suits that I brought were maternity (AKA: I didn't have to buy anything special just for this trip that probably wouldn't fit come this summer when I'm even bigger!).  Gotta love flowy dresses with room for the bump!  That being said, I did have to chuck out 2 bathing suits from my suitcase at the last moment...it seems in the week between the time when I tried things on to the day before we left certain upper body parts (2 specifically : ) were too plentiful for the bathing suit tops. And one dress barely was able to be zipped in that area just before dinner one night.  I'm thinking one man's dream is a woman's nightmare (this woman, anyways!).

And now for the (many) Week 23 Belly shots:
23 weeks, 5 days- back in Port of Miami
23 weeks, 4 days
23 weeks, 3 days- Enjoying a relaxing sea day in our suite



23 weeks, 2 days
23 weeks exactly! Emerald Beach, St Thomas







Emerald Beach, St Thomas
22 weeks, 6 days
I may be pregnant, but we still have a ton of fun!  And no, there was no alcohol involved for either party : )
22 weeks, 5 days

No comments:

Post a Comment