Friday, June 8, 2018

34 week 4 day US and appointment

I don't usually separate little man's updates/US into a new post, but this appointment was different so I thought I'd follow suit.

We had our 34 week appointment at 34 weeks and 5 days, and he was measuring small. He was in the 12th percentile, which is down from previous. The MD was happy with how he looked overall, and knew this is my trend in past pregnancies, but wanted to start doing weekly US at her office on Fridays, and weekly non-stress tests at the regular OB on Tuesdays.

The MD asked when my C-section was scheduled for and when I told her at 39 weeks and 4 days, she said "Well, lets just make 37 weeks our new goal!" Bummer. 

I was told that I wasn't being put on bedrest, but needed to "conserve my energy" and make sure to eat a high protein diet. Otherwise we would just take it week by week and monitor his growth.



We are just taking it week by week, monitoring his growth, and if he drops below the 10th percentile, I will most likely have to head home, get my bag, and head to the hospital for an early C-section.

Our prayer is that his lungs are developing, he's growing, and he can be born healthy and strong. We want to be able to take him home from the hospital with us!! We are used to having tiny babies, but are praying he can stay put for at least a few more weeks!

Overall he was moving great and his HR was in the mid 140s. He was being majorly camera shy and kept putting his arm up over his face and head, so we never got a great image of him. Bummer!






No comments:

Post a Comment