Thursday, November 19, 2015

37 Week NST, US and Appointment

The NST went great on Monday with the exception of having to wait 50 minutes in the waiting room just to get started. Luckily, Aubrey was cooperating and I ate a granola bar at the very beginning of it in hopes of getting her super active which she was.  After 20 minutes the nurse came in, said it looked perfect, and since I had waited so long she wasn't even going to wait for the doctor to review it (which usually takes at least 10 minutes on a good day...which this one wasn't seeming to be!).  Once again, I couldn't see the monitor, but her heart rate definitely accelerated with movement.

The US today also went well.  Aubrey's biophysical profile was perfect and she was moving around a ton, taking great practice breaths, and the amniotic fluid levels looked good.  

HR- 145

We didn't measure her size this week, which was a little bit of a bummer just b/c I was 37w3d today and that was when Bella was born, so it would have been cool to compare sizes.

Still with those puckered lips : )
Oh boy...it's looking like Daddy's nose and lips for sure! Hopefully Jon doesn't get 2 mini-me's...I want one : )
 Either way, my fundal measurement was 5 weeks behind (so 32.5 cm) which concerned the midwife student that was initially examining me, but after telling her I always measured 4-6 weeks behind with Bella, and the NST and US this week looked great, she was a bit relieved.  The midwife I met with today (who is my FAVORITE!) wasn't concerned either, and we will just do a weight check at next weeks visit.

She offered to do a cervical check this week as well, but I declined, mostly b/c if I'm not dilated or effaced that stinks, but doesn't mean anything. And if I am even slightly dilated and/or effaced it also doesn't mean anything, and I could walk around like that for weeks.  So to save the discomfort, we will just keep on waiting!

Glad to be here, nearing the end, and still looking so great!  The midwife did tell me today that many times women with my clotting issues are encouraged to be induced around 38 weeks, but I am not a candidate for that given how recent my c-section was, and I am ok with that. I wouldn't want to be induced unless medically necessary, and "just as a precaution b/c you have clotting disorders" doesn't fall under that category to me.  

So we will continue to wait for Miss Aubrey's arrival.  And are desperately praying that it happens before the 40 week mark, so that I don't stress about the impending c-section that was scheduled at 41 weeks.  Oh Aubrey Lynn we can't wait to meet you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment