Thursday, October 29, 2015

34 Week US and appointment

Extra ultrasounds are always welcomed (as long as they aren't emergent b/c of an issue!), so the fact that we have gotten one every month in this last trimester has been great! I love seeing how much Aubrey grows and changes from month to month! 

At today's appointment I was told we now need NSTs every Monday and US every Thursday because of all my clotting issues and medications that I am on for that.  So while the drive isn't always fun (thank you never ending construction traffic), seeing the baby is!

Things are still looking good!  She is now head down (YAY no more transverse!) and the US tech kept commenting on how low she was. Yes. I am aware. I feel it!

Weight: 4 lb 12 oz (approximately 20th percentile)
HR: 145

I was able to meet with a midwife (from the larger practice that my 2 doctors merged with), and loved her! That practice actually has 7 midwives and I hear they are all great.  So from now on I will see each of the midwives weekly to meet them, and hopefully one of them can deliver me!


We were also told that most likely I won't be able to deliver at the hospital we were planning on because I am a VBAC and the practice doesn't provide 24/7 coverage, and some of the covering physicians aren't supportive of VBACs. Ugh. Thanks for now letting me know at 34.5 weeks!  So we will go next weekend to tour the main campus in Atlanta and check out that hospital.  Apparently it is a bigger unit, and they deliver a lot more babies each year, but it just isn't as new and shiny as where we were planning on.  The biggest downside is the potential drive could take 1.5 hrs to get there which I am thinking will be super fun if I labor at home as long as I want to!  So definitely something to talk to my Doula about!



Enough with the chatter...here's the best part of all...pictures!

Always puckering those lips!

Her little hand curled up by her mouth




No comments:

Post a Comment