Sunday, May 10, 2015

10 Week Bumpdate!

Well, we are at the 1/4 of the way mark!  I have to say, since I have been so sick this time around, time is just not flying by the way it did last time.  While I relish in being pregnant, I look forward to the "better" parts of pregnancy.  More of feeling the baby move, hearing the heartbeat, seeing the bump grow.  Less of the constant nausea, vomiting, headaches, extreme fatigue, etc.  Either way, I am pregnant, and this is a blessing. So without further ado...




How Big is Baby: Size of a kumquat
Via

Weight Gain: Down 6 lbs, thanks to the predominant saltines and sparkling water diet (but still 18 lbs heavier than where I was at this point with Bella). 

Workouts: I have forced myself out of the house several times to take a walk around our neighborhood, which is about a mile.  At the beginning of 8 weeks, I did prenatal pilates and strength training (and then felt awful afterwards, so threw that idea out the window for the next week!). I am not putting any pressure to workout since I can barely keep minimal food down.  Looking forward to feeling better and starting a regular routine though.

Maternity Clothes: Wearing my comfy workout gear, loose fitting tanks and summer dresses. 

Belly Button: Innie

Sleep: I started a medication called Diclegis at 8 weeks for my nausea which has helped a bit, but the side effect is extreme drowsiness (as if I needed more of that).  So, I take one at 8pm, and generally sleep well through the night. The drowsy effects don't usually start to wear off until 10 am, so I wake up with Bella still pretty sleepy, but that goes away after awhile. If I do have to pee in the middle of the night, I feel like a 1000 lb gorilla trying to drag myself out of bed and across the floor to get to the bathroom.

Cravings: Very occasionally I will crave something salty like chips or pickles, but my diet mostly consists of fig bar in the morning, saltine crackers and sparkling water throughout the day, and a bagel with cream cheese for lunch or dinner. On good days I try to get some oatmeal with protein powder in, which is about half of the time.  I did crave watermelon last week, and Jon went out and bought me one (he's a keeper for sure!). 

Aversions: Pretty much everything! Definitely meats, chicken, turkey, and fish, make my stomach absolutely churn.  

What I Missed: Coffee...I can't even stomach the smell still, but I SO badly miss my hot cup of java in the morning!

Symptoms: Constant nausea, extreme fatigue, and I get out of breath SO stinking easily.

Movement: Nope, too early

Gender: I'm still so undecided, but I guess I will say boy. Jon still says girl : )

Best Moment this Week: Last week we got to see our Little Lerma (8 weeks, 1 day, measuring just 1 day behind)!  Heartbeat was nice and strong at 164 BPM. Such a surreal moment for us, and certainly established in Jon's head that we are, indeed, pregnant!
I will say this is one of the weirdest US pics I have every seen! Either way, the head is on the left, the "hole" in the head is the brain, and the back curves around  to the right and goes down to where tiny little leg buds are. 

Worst Moment this Week: Still feeling so awful and like I am not entertaining Bella like I should be. 

What I am Looking Forward to: Second trimester! Also looking forward to celebrating Mother's Day this weekend with my family strawberry picking and just relaxing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment