Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Halfway There...20 Week Bumpdate : )

Holy moly.  Am I seriously already halfway through this pregnancy!?!? 

That doesn't even seem possible.

It's amazing how much change has been going on with my body in the last few weeks, and certainly that reflects how much change Little Miss Lerma is going through as well. 

I got a sneak peak at her yesterday during a last minute appointment to measure my cervical length since I have been having some cramping and pressure. The 3 seconds I got to see baby girl were awesome...and she certainly looked a lot bigger than at our last US. So I can't wait til our longer US on Thursday!

Does it make me a bad mama that this one freaks me out a bit? She looks like an alien ready to eat her prey with that mouth open!
I say we stick to the cute profile from now on!
 
 Enough about all of that...onto the Pregnancy Update for Week 20!

How Big is Baby? The size of a banana
Weight Gain? +0.5 this week, so +10 total

Workouts this Week: One lower body and cardio combo session, one 30 minute prenatal yoga session, and one full body resistance bands workout.

Maternity Clothes?  I finally busted out the bag of maternity clothes that friends have given me, mostly so I could sort through the jeans and dress pants.  The ones that have the over the belly bands are still too big and just don't look right with my bump, but I folded the band down over my hips and just pretended that it was the bottom of a long fitted tank with one of the pairs of jeans that were cute. Otherwise I'm still sticking to my comfy winter regular clothes.
 
Belly Button (in or out)? In

Sleep: Sleeping well through the night with the exception of waking up once or twice to pee, and multiple times when my hips/thighs fall asleep and I need to turn to the other side. 

 
Cravings: Still not really craving anything, but loving Indian food, huge dill pickles, green veggie juice, and my rice noodles with a bit of aged white cheddar. And I'm making sure to drink a fruit and greens smoothie at least 3-4 times a week to balance out the carbs that really have overtaken my diet of late (it may be gluten free, but it's carbs nonetheless!).
 
Aversions: 20 weeks in a row- chicken breast, red meat, ground turkey, sweets/chocolate... pretty much anything that's not bland or carbs. 

What I Missed: Sushi and wine
 
Symptoms: My body just feels pregnant this week, more than ever.  I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that between the 3 workouts and crazy long shifts at work, I just overdid it a bit.  Moving around  or turning side to side is not as easy as before, and I'm definitely sore in areas that have never been sore before after a long day...namely the pelvic region. Lovely.  Aside from that, the lack of appetite, waking up to pee, constipation, and pregnancy brain are still here, and probably here to stay.
 
Movement: Oh, I seriously LOVE feeling her kick!  Not a ton more frequent or stronger than last week, but it's still the most amazing feeling.  And during the very brief US yesterday, the tech said twice how "squirmy" she was.  Definitely a difference from the last US where she didn't want to move much at all!
 
Gender: It's a GIRL!!!! Her HR at yesterday's appointment was 129.
 
Best Moment of the Week:  Having the entire weekend off with Jon!  This hasn't happened in what feels like forever because one of us has had to work at least one of the days, so this was AMAZING! Lots of time to catch up on DVR and lots of cuddles...the best!
 
Worst Moment of the Week: Hurting my groin (technically my adductor muscle) during a treadmill session at the beginning of last week and feeling it ever since (as if that area needed any more discomfort!).  It didn't bother me while I was on the treadmill, but the next day I was definitely feeling it.  Gotta remember that my tendons and joints are much looser than normal, on top of carrying around some extra weight. 
 
What I'm Looking Forward To: Our 20 week ultrasound is Thursday and I just can't wait!!!
 
And a Little Lerma love for Valentine's this week : )
 
PS: I didn't forget about the name reveal promise...I created the post and totally forgot to post it!  It will come this week...double promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment