Sunday, April 19, 2015

6 Week Bumpdate!

Just writing the word "bumpdate" in the title feels so bizarre.  I am still in shock, and so overly excited, that we are here!  

6 weeks pregnant.  

With another baby (duh, what else would it be with!?)!!  

Wow.  What a blessing!

I may not stop saying that through the entire pregnancy, so just bear with me.  Kinda like I didn't stop saying how FAST the last pregnancy with Bella went.  I may, or may not say that this time as well.  We shall see!





How Big is Baby: Size of a lentil 
Via

Weight Gain: Ugh, this is going to be such a point of contention this time around, as opposed to how happy I was the first time to have gained only 24 lbs total (well, technically 19 with pregnancy, plus 5 beforehand with the IVF stim meds).  I am starting 32 lbs heavier this time than the last (yes, I lost all but 10 lbs of baby weight almost immediately, and then proceeded to gain 22 lbs from the time Bella was 2 months til 6 mo...and then it just wouldn't budge!).  Either way, my goal is to gain 15 lbs (which yes, is safe, b/c I am 30 lbs overweight!).  Either way, so far, no weight gain. 

Workouts: I have been doing a ton of yardwork, gardening and building a 4ft x 24 ft garden box every day this week which I am officially counting as my workouts.  I am just too exhausted, and have no idea when I would get an actual workout in.  That being said, it is my goal to do something active for at least 30 minutes 5 times a week. We shall see how well I can stick to it!

Maternity Clothes: I just want to slip into maternity clothes now.  None of my old spring/summer clothes fit anyways.  But I will continue wearing either comfy, stretchy clothes, or my "fat pants" from previous until it is actually an appropriate time to wear maternity.  

Belly Button: Innie. 

Sleep:  I am definitely so tired lately.  Like, I have no energy at all.  I want to sit on the couch all day, and let Bella play on her floor mat.  This is SOOOO not like me, so clearly I am pregnant.  Plus Jon and I were going to bed sometime between 11 pm and midnight before, and now I barely make it to 10 pm.  

Cravings: Buffalo sauce...on everything!! Seriously everything! I may or may not have put it on mashed potatoes, scrambled eggs, rice noodles, mixed with greek yogurt to dip a cheese quesadilla in, smothered on gluten free chicken nuggets, and *sadly* on leftover curry chicken (hey, it sounded good at the time!).  And I can't get enough sparkling water...so thirsty! 

Aversions: Nothing too strong yet.  Meat hasn't been sounding great, but I can eat it.  I don't have cravings for sweets or sugar, but no total aversion like last time. Either way, nice to not crave it, b/c then I won't eat it!

What I Missed: Sushi!  Wine! Cold beer on the days it has felt like summer here! One last margarita with Jon on our deck during our Happy Hours!

Symptoms: So tired, just feeling like I have no energy.  
-Pregnancy brain- I have not been able to remember several things this week which is just SO frustrating!  
-Nausea off and on all day, although taking ginger usually helps a ton.  
-Intermittent mild cramping (although this has slowed down the last several days, I felt like I was truly getting my period the day I turned 5 weeks). 
-Definitely feeling hormonal/emotional every once and awhile which is so new to me! I may or may not have laughed uncontrollably during an episode of Gilmore Girls, that then proceeded into crying almost as hard! Jon was flabbergasted!

Movement: Way too early!

Gender:  My gut says boy.  But don't get too excited b/c I thought boy last time and we all know how that turned out.  Jon is hoping for girl again.  I would be super happy with either- another girl would give Bella a bestie so close in age, but a boy would be great too.


Best Moment This Week: Being able to tell my family that we are pregnant! So much fun!

Worst Moment this Week:  It's been exceptionally rainy here this week which is not great for getting a lot of fresh air and messes with the emotions. Plus, it makes me just want to curl up on the couch with a cozy blanket and watch tv or read a book all day.   

What I am Looking Forward to: Our first US in 2 weeks! Can't wait to see our Little One, and hear that heartbeat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment