Monday, April 23, 2018

28 Week Bumpdate!


Welcome 3rd trimester! I am equal parts super excited to be at this point already, and nervous that we are at this point already! Not sure how time flew so fast, but I'm hoping it continues to do so, because whoa, this pregnancy is SO different, and SO much more painful! The aches and pains of pregnancy have fully kicked in, so despite dreading the sleep deprivation that is the newborn phase, I will be grateful to have my body back...and in less pain!


How Big is Baby: The size of an eggplant! Roughly 2 1/4 lbs, and about 15 inches already!
via babycenter.com

Weight Gain: +3.3 in the last 2 weeks, so almost +13 overall. 

Workouts: We have been so busy doing work out in the pasture and on the chicken coop that my free time is spent there. I'm most certainly counting all of these as work out sessions because they are HARD and my body is SORE after wards!! But in regards to actual scheduled workouts, none. 

Maternity Clothes: Definitely needing them now, of all sorts. My regular work out shirts are a little drafty on the bottom of my stomach because they keep creeping up!

Belly Button: It's as flat as it can get, and when I push my stomach out hard, it pops out a little. I definitely don't remember it doing this with either one of the girls, and if it did, it certainly wasn't this early!

Sleep: The last few nights I've been catching up on some sleep which has been nice because it has gotten pretty spotty in the last 2 weeks. But it also feels like I've drifted back to first trimester sleeping habits because I'm wiped out come 4pm, and by 7 or so when we put the girls down, I'm done! I've gotten about 9-10 hours of sleep the last couple nights, and even took a 45 minute nap after church Sunday which was so needed, and so nice!

Cravings: I definitely have a sweet tooth this time around, and crave sugar way more than usual. Oddly enough, it's not just chocolate, but sour gummy candies that always sound oh so good. Otherwise, craving sushi, indian (but still haven't had any!), the occasional pizza, and tacos. Yup, picture perfect healthy eating over here. 

Aversions: Nothing I can't eat.

What I Missed: Still craving nice, ice cold, bubbly beer or champaign, especially after a lot of hard, hot yard work!

Symptoms: Low back pain, OH the low back pain! Makes walking, sitting, laying grrr. Otherwise occasional nausea, and I'm feeling like the insane tiredness from first tri is coming back. 

Movement: Oh yeah, he definitely is moving in there. Although I will say I feel like he is more chill than Aubrey was, although this could just be me not noticing him moving as much with how busy we have been lately. I feel him most active at night when I lay down to sleep.

Gender: It's a BOY!

Best Moment this Week: We had another high risk OB appointment last Friday which was fun to get to see little man again! Everything looked great. HR was in the 140s. He is measuring 1 week behind, but was weighing at 1 lb 13 oz, so the doctor wasn't concerned. 



Apparently that's his nose up close

Worst Moment this Week: Just feeling oh so exhausted, and like I don't have the energy or time to get everything done that I need and want to. 

What I am Looking Forward to: Jon and I get to go on Babymoon #3 and I'm seriously counting down the days! We are going to have a relaxing and fun 5 days in Charleston, SC which we've never been to, so I'm thrilled! 

No comments:

Post a Comment