Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Hospital Stay with Aubrey

So in love already, and just a few hours old!
I have to say, we took FAR less pictures this time around in the hospital!  That being said, we got some good ones, and really I'd rather have 10 great pictures than 100 semi-decent ones.  

This was day 3...oh my we look SO exhausted!! We were!
We had some really great nurses throughout our stay, and a couple great Nursing Assistants as well. This makes SUCH a big difference!

Overall, the experience this time around was much better than with Bella in terms of pain control and recovery (which I will cover in a separate post), and I had 2 great nurses to thank for that!  

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/12295497_10156291684920296_512469039949029505_n.jpg?oh=f594f8bbc47fe5e48a9da03bff519643&oe=56DACA93
2 days old and so wide-eyed!
Oh my, can't get enough of those puckered lips! Just like she always did in the US pics!

Mimi, Pops, Tia, Uncle G and Nick & Christine Lefler all came to visit Aubrey (and us) in the hospital, and while we had a few other friends ask to visit, it was just so busy with people (OBs, pediatricians, lactation consultants, nursing assistants, nursing managers, financial people, photographer, anesthesiologists, etc etc etc!) constantly in and out of the room that we wanted to get some rest! *Ha, does rest even happen in the hospital with a newborn!?!?*

*Side note- Mimi, I need the pictures from your camera...b/c I don't have any of you guys with my phone!*
Besties, constantly dressing alike without even planning it!

Mimi made Aubrey a little bonnet just like Bella and Dani that she will be able to use as a handkerchief on her wedding day! So sweet!


We had the c-section on a Monday, and got discharged home Thursday afternoon.  I was definitely ready to get home by Thursday, although it wasn't like I would have raced out of there a day earlier had they given me the option.  They actually said they would normally discharge me on Friday, but if I really wanted to go Thursday, that would be fine. Umm, yes please!


Aubrey wore the same going home outfit that Isabella wore, which was the same one that I wore also! I love that we all have the same outfit to go home from the hospital in...and maybe one day if my girls have girls, they can do the same : )




And, finally we got to take her home! Yay! We were so excited to be heading home, where out already limited night-time sleep wouldn't be interrupted by nurses needing to "check on" something. But more than that, we were ready to start our life as a family of 4!

SO tiny in her little carseat!

I LOVE this picture...such tiny little baby hands clinging to her daddy!

One proud Daddy!

YAY! We're busting out of here!


Thank you Mimi for decorating the board, our front door and house for Aubrey's arrival!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment